Course Description –
This is the Basic or introductory course for the study of Christian Worship
Learning Outcomes -
This course is designed to meet the following Learning Outcomes:
1. To articulate and understand key biblical and theological perspectives on Christian worship.
2. To develop an ability to think critically and discerningly about the issues associated with congregational worship.
3. To develop sensitivities that will enable you do plan and lead services that will draw worshipers into the presence of God and to deal with conflict that might arise.
4. To develop skills in worship planning that worship services are relevant, creative, and contextual.
5. To develop an understanding of how worship differs in small churches and skills in developing worship for the smaller church context.
6. To develop an appreciation for collaborative style of worship planning that values the gifts of others, learns how to work together creatively, finds the joy of partnerships in offering our gifts to God.
7. To grow in understanding of how personal spirituality impacts our ability to lead others in worship and spiritual growth.
top of page
bottom of page